Dave glimpsed Dru, standing defiantly aboard his warship, and in that instant he knew what he must do. Dave spotted a nearby stallion, improbably placed on his own ship, hopped on the steed’s mighty back and rode in Dru’s direction. The horse bucked when they reached the end of the ship, as fiery waters separating the two leaders of men, but Dave bid him to gallop on. Together they emerged on the other side, where Dave leapt from the steed and pulled his sword from its sheath. Dru screamed a terrible battle cry and lunched toward his Greek enemy, sword first. Their skills were perfectly matched, recalling their earlier tryst but for one detail. “You fight harder than you podcast!” Dru taunted. And thus the podcast description that launched a thousand slashfic ships was written.
(By the way, download this episode for a full review of Noam Murro’s 300: Rise of an Empire.)
- Let us know what you think! Email us at email@example.com.
- All music featured on the show is written and performed by Wire & Light. You can hear more, and even download full albums for free, at wireandlight.ca.
- Make sure to subscribe (and review us) in iTunes. (Five stars please!)
- Bookmark 24panelspersecond.com and 24panels.tumblr.com so you don’t miss a thing.
- Like us on Facebook at facebook.com/24panels.
- Follow Dave on Twitter @24panels and Dru @violetbooth.
- And if you like the show, please share it with your friends and on your social networks!