Income inequality. Sexism. The male gaze. The ethics of A.I. slavery. We discuss all of these big issues, and that’s just in a quick discussion of the first episode of Netflix’s Richie Rich! We take our first subject—the involvement of Marvel Studios in the future of the Spider-Man film franchise—considerably less seriously. But then we’re back to Big Topics, as we explore the fine line between man and Swamp Thing in our discussion of Wes Craven’s Swamp Thing and issues of disability in the first four issues of Superior Iron Man. We also share recently discovered archival audio that explains the choice of theme music for the short-lived Swamp Thing animated series. You won’t believe your ears!
- Let us know what you think! Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- All music featured on the show is written and performed by Wire & Light. You can hear more, and even download full albums for free, at wireandlight.ca.
- Make sure to subscribe (and review us) in iTunes. (Five stars please!)
- While you’re at it, don’t forget to subscribe to our sister show, Cinema Chase, also in iTunes!
- Bookmark 24panelspersecond.com and 24panels.tumblr.com so you don’t miss a thing.
- Like us on Facebook at facebook.com/24panels.
- Follow Dave on Twitter @24panels, Dru @violetbooth, James @jameshriv, and Corina @corinabecker.
- And if you like the show, please share it with your friends and on your social networks!