WHAM! BAM! HERE COMES PAM! FLIM! FLAMELS! HERE COMES 24 PANELS! The first black heroine of a nationally syndicated newspaper comic strip comes to the screen in Friday Foster, a 1975 blaxploitation picture from director Arthur Marks. The comics are nigh-impossible to find, but Dru and Dave have a full review of the film! Significantly easier to come by—it’s on Netflix Canada!—is Turtle Power: The Definitive History of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, a documentary that adequately covers the rise of the mega-franchise and falls short on everything that comes after. Dru and Dave also discuss Marvel’s “One-Shot” short film initiative.
- Let us know what you think! Email us at email@example.com.
- All music featured on the show is written and performed by Wire & Light. You can hear more, and even download full albums for free, at wireandlight.ca.
- Make sure to subscribe (and review us) in iTunes. (Five stars please!)
- While you’re at it, don’t forget to subscribe to our sister show, Cinema Chase, also in iTunes!
- Bookmark 24panelspersecond.com and 24panels.tumblr.com so you don’t miss a thing.
- Like us on Facebook at facebook.com/24panels.
- Follow Dave on Twitter @24panels and Dru @violetbooth.
- And if you like the show, please share it with your friends and on your social networks!