Dave! Aaa-aaaah! Saviour of the universe! Dru! Aaa-aaaah! Master of the impossible! 24 Panels! It’s a miracle! In our 49th episode of 24 Panels (if you don’t count all the bonus episodes, one-shots, etc.), we close out our look at the comic book films of producer Dino De Laurentiis with Mike Hodges’ 1980 adaptation of sci-fi comic strip hero Flash Gordon, which — like the Danger: Diabolik and Barbarella — boasts some spectacular set design, action set pieces, and keeps a light, fun tone throughout. We also hear a listener’s response to Dave’s criticism of Pa Kent’s death scene in Man of Steel (as heard in this episode). If you want to submit an audio clip for use on the show, email an MP3 to us at email@example.com and you might hear yourself on an upcoming episode! In any case, we implore you — every man, every woman, ever child, everyone — to listen to this episode of 24 Panels!
- Let us know what you think! Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Our theme music is written and performed by Wire & Light. You can hear more, and even download full albums for free, at wireandlight.ca.
- Make sure to subscribe (and review us) in iTunes.
- Bookmark 24panelspersecond.com and 24panels.tumblr.com so you don’t miss a thing.
- Follow Dave on Twitter @24panels and Dru @violetbooth.
- Like us on Facebook at facebook.com/24panels.
- And if you like the show, please share it with your friends and on your social networks!