After a long two month hiatus, Dru and Dave are back with a new series on indie comics turned indie films, beginning with Terry Zwigoff’s Ghost World. The cynical buddies are joined by an older record collector, David Emery, who threatens to tear their friendship apart. Will it be Dave or Dru who ends the episode by taking the bus out of town? Tune into this episode to find out!
0:00 – 13:30: Intro banter (Videodrome and The Rocketeer remakes, Dru’s trip abroad)
13:30 – 15:43: Ghost World trailer
15:43 – 1:26:19: Main discussion: Ghost World (with guest David Emery)
1:29:19 – 1:32:34: Closing remarks (and a word from our sponsor)
Today’s episode features music by Wire and Light.
- Send all feedback to email@example.com.
- Subscribe to 24panelspersecond.com and 24panels.tumblr.com so you don’t miss anything!
- Follow Dave on Twitter @24panels and Dru @violetbooth.
- Like us on Facebook.
- Don’t forget to subscribe (and review us) in iTunes!
- And if you like the show, please share it with your friends and on your social networks!
- Follow our guest on Twitter @joelcrary. Read his film criticism at joelcrary.com and download his albums – for free! – at wireandlight.ca. His latest album, Riot, includes the song “Enid,” which we used for our theme music this week. You can find the video for the song above.
- We are sponsored this week by Beneath, a horror film by Mike McMurran. You can help make an independent film happen by donating to their Indiegogo page. Please support them!