This week, Dru and David take it back to basics, to what 24 Panels Per Second is all about: discussing what makes a comic book work (or not work) and then getting into the nuts and bolts — the real nitty-gritty! — about how the film adaptation improves or ruins it. When it comes to 30 Days of Night, the vampire tale written by Steve Niles, drawn by Ben Templesmith and the film version directed by David Slade, Dru prefers the comics, Dave prefers the film. What follows is pure podcast magic. Jeremy Woodcock also chimes in with his hilarious musings on the latter-day vampire craze.
0:00 – 11:09: Intro banter (Thor 2 director quits; new trailers)
11:09 – 11:56: 30 Days of Night trailer
11:56 – 1:13:21: Main discussion: 30 Days of Night
1:13:21 – 1:17:46: Jeremy Woodcock on vampires
1:17:46 – 1:24:09: Closing remarks
Download the episode now, or…
- Send all feedback to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Subscribe to 24panelspersecond.com and 24panels.tumblr.com so you don’t miss a thing!
- Follow Dave on Twitter @24Panels and Dru @violetbooth.
- Like us on Facebook.
- Don’t forget to subscribe (and review us) in iTunes.
- And if you like the show, please share it with your friends and on your social networks!